1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DDR3 1333 - PC3-10600 VS PC3-10666

Discussion in 'How to: Building a PC, Modding, Overclocking' started by someguy, Dec 11, 2014.

1. someguy

someguy Techie7 New Member

What is the difference? They both have the same clock speed, so why the extra 66? lol

i am asking this question because i want to buy a stick of ram for my laptop, but i would like to know the difference

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

There is no difference. It is just marketing weenies sticking their noses in where they don't belong. I suggest you use the Crucial Memory Advisor to see what it suggests.

someguy likes this.
  3. someguy

someguy Techie7 New Member

thank you for the reply good sir. i guess they do that to trick ppl into think a higher number is better so their stuff gets bought. not cool company, not cool...

4. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

That's the job of marketing departments - to make their products stand out. Somebody's got to do it. While it is easy to blame the company, it is just how business advertising works.

I just wish our lawmakers would create some "truth in advertising" laws that better protect the consumer instead of the business.