1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding Win XP to seperate HD with Win 7 already installed on primary.

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by Brianboru, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Brianboru

Brianboru Techie7 New Member

Hi Guys, I wonder if you might advise me on the best and quickest way to install Win XP Pro. Now I already have Window 7 on my primary drive. Because some of my older games do not play on win 7 I thought I could put them on Win Xp. I do realise it would have been better to have had Win Xp on first, then to install Win 7 afterwards. I have a separate HD for the Win XP System and I need to duel boot them.
    Do you think that if I was to disconnect the win 7 HD and boot up to the other HD to install the Windows XP system. But when I reconnect the Win 7 HD would it then give me duel boot up. If it is too complicated, I will think again of my options.
    I do hope I have made myself clear, but you know with the age thing, I am not always brill.

Thanks in advance.

Luckyjfl.

2. Brianboru

Brianboru Techie7 New Member

Hi Guys, I actually managed to add Win Xp off my own Bat. Thank you very much for no replies. That was a bit of a surprise for me really, as I thought I could get a bit of help here.

3. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

I am sorry you got no replies. I just "stumbled" on your thread today by accident. I typically get email notices of new threads - perhaps the system had problems that day - I don't know, but I apologize again.

In any case, I am glad you got it sorted out and thanks for the reply.