1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sata cable question

Discussion in 'How to: Building a PC, Modding, Overclocking' started by cyberwasp, Jan 13, 2014.

1. cyberwasp

cyberwasp Established Techie7 Member

I've been cleaning up a few old pC's to give away to someone that can't afford a home computer. I've also been rebuilding my own desktop. I've noticed something with all of the hard drives. The sata cable seems to me to slip on and off very easily, zero force. I was wondering if this is normal or should they be a tighter fit.. tia

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

Well, you did not say which SATA cable, power or data. In any case, I have not seen where "zero force" is needed as then, they could simply "fall out" and that would not be good.

3. cyberwasp

cyberwasp Established Techie7 Member

I fixed the problem, Kinda. Installed a new Samsung 256g 840 evo. Everything is tight and this machine is Fast. boots to win 8 pro in 15 seconds, yikes.

4. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

Good. Glad you got it sorted out and thanks for the followup. And yeah, W8 booting off a SSD is amazingly fast. And it should actually get faster as it learns your computing habits - assuming you leave the defaults alone.