1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to Boot Due To Harddrive Driver Problems? [Thread Transfered]

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Shadefyre, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Shadefyre

Shadefyre Established Techie7 Member

The original thread: http://www.techie7.com/help/windows-7-help/72119-cant-boot-blue-screen-windows.html

Basically, my current problem is that after trying to reinstall the HDD controller drivers for my computer I can no longer access my system harddrive on startup due to a variety of HDD access blue screens that appear to be caused by the drivers. Now I have my system HDD plugged into my laptop via an external case, and I'm running a CHKDSK on the drive to ensure that there aren't any problems there. What I want to know is how to go about fixing the problem without having access to the initial computer and OS, by removing the driver or what have you. My motherboard is an Asus P8P67, whose drivers I downloaded from the ASUS site.

Also, the most common blue screen error to come up is PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, if that helps.

2. Shadefyre

Well, the CHKDSK came up with no problems.

3. Shadefyre

After popping my HDD back into my desktop, I managed to get it to boot, though it still seems a bit unstable. I'm hesistant to restart it for anything lest it refuse to boot once again.