1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powerpoint presentation remote issues

Discussion in 'Desktop / Server Applications' started by guitarman, Oct 10, 2011.

1. guitarman

guitarman Techie7 New Member

I got a new presentation remote for powerpoint at our church. Everything works except the next and previous buttons. I figured out that the remote sends a page up and page down command with those buttons, but powerpoint uses right and left arrows. Is there something I can change in powerpoint to use the page up/down keys? I tried all the settings on the remote. I'm using powerpoint 2003 sp2 and windows xp pro sp2. The remote works perfectly on another computer with a newer version of powerpoint.

2. jaydeee

jaydeee Techie7 New Member

Looks like your remote control is device driver is not installed yet/properly. Install it and see the result.

3. guitarman

guitarman Techie7 New Member

There's no driver to install. It's plug and play. Apparently, different versions of Powerpoint use different commands for some things. The remote needs to match your version, but I haven't seen any that indicate what version they match. I guess they just program them for the "current" version. Way to go, Microsoft!