1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem when playing ps3 online games, please help me.

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by nabs907, Nov 20, 2009.

1. nabs907

nabs907 Techie7 New Member

Hi there,
    I was wandering if you could help me with a problem of mine, I’d be very very grateful.
    Okay, so here it goes: Basically, I have a new ps3 slim 120 GB, offline is fine, I have 100 percent connection(wifi), but when I play online I get disconnected almost every game. But I only have 2 games. Gta Iv and Fifa 10. Both of them lag severely. And in Gta some players are invisible to me but visible to everybody else.
    When I contacted my router manufacturer, they said it is not a problem with the router as I have an xbox 360 which works fine, and so does Gta on that. I have opened ports and put the ps3 into DMZ. I have also tried wired connection but nothing seemed to help. I think it may be the servers of the games, but then why is it affecting me, and not everyone.
    So, please help me and reply. Because I have rang all the customer services, and not been helped at all. I really regret buying the ps3 now, those are my 2 favourite games, and I’m having problems. The 360(my brothers) works fine. Grr...
    Please help, ty for reading.
    Please please reply.
    From Nabeel.

2. tallin

tallin Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

Welcome to D-A-L,

Did you google your issue at all? Suggest you may like to browse google result to find the answer to your problem. I am not a gamer, just trying to start you off with something to read.

kind regards,

3. nabs907

nabs907 Techie7 New Member

Yes, I have. It hasn't helped. I've posted on numerous other forums, I've even contacted PLaystation, so I was wandering if anyone who may have had this problem, could help me.

4. Crisps!

Crisps! Techie7 New Member

More than likely its to do with your NAT type... If it says anything other than "open/NAT type 1" or "moderate/NAT type 2" they you won't be able to play online game, a friend of mine has this problem, and you can't really fix it as it's to do with your internet provider.. For instance, majority of the time I have "moderate" and it still lags a bit, so you might wanna look around for a new internet provider..

Sorry if that's not what you want to hear..

PS, if you have a friend that has the "open/NAT type 1" then get them to add you on to the online game.. I do that and it works for him..