1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Power bar flashing orange.

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Gigorga, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Gigorga

Gigorga Dedicated Member

Everything has been normal, slept woke up, decided to go on the 360, Wouldnt turn on, looked at the power bar and its flashing orange. Then I lol'd and googled. People said its dead some have different answers, Not too sure.

:hang:

Damn and I really wanted to put in some street fighter 4 [x
    SHORYUKEN.

2. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

At least you don't have the red ring of death. I don't use Xbox so I don't know what that means but I do know about that. All I can say is to contact MS and/or check your user manual. Does it work?

3. Gigorga

Gigorga Dedicated Member

Sorry for the long response

I found out the problem

It seems that my powerbar overheated.

Its all fine now.

I still remain the only person out of all my friends with the undefeated XBOX :tt1:

4. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

You mean the red ring of death?

5. Gigorga

Gigorga Dedicated Member

Nah, the power bar got too hot, so it went into a "safe mode"

Preventing the Xbox from turning on until it cooled down.

6. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

Well I'm glad that you were able to figure it out.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  7. jyeager24

jyeager24 Guest

FOr others that read this, here are some Xbox 360 Safety tips to avoid over heating

1.) Don't leave your 360 on over night, this could not only over heat your powerblock or your 360, it is a costly electric bill.
    2.) Make sure there is at least 24" of clearance space on all sides of the 360 to allow plenty of airflow, this will allow for the 360 to remain at safe operatin temperatures.
    3.) Never set anything on top of your 360. Doing so may crack the casing, or internal components and void your warranty.
    4.) Never unplug the 360 while it is powered on!!

8. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

Thanks for the tips. They all make sense however I can see how rarely someone would be able to find so much unoccupied space around their TV to meet that tip.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  9. jyeager24

jyeager24 Guest

Thats a concern that is actually quite common. I have the luxury of mine standing up with nothing around it. Best thing I can say is if you really wanna stop the overheating your gonna have to rearrange some stuff to allow ample breathing room. Or i mean you could just throw a mod on it like make your own super cool fans and stuff like that, but since i don't know how to do that....anyway like i said, the best way to do that is to rearrange stuff to make sure you have plenty of air flow to your 360. It makes a whole lot of difference in performance.

10. Gigorga

Gigorga Dedicated Member

Whoa, cant believe I went back here on this ancient post, but I had had to reply.

The Xbox it's self didn't overheat, it was the Xbox power bar that overheated. Personally, Ive never had any form of overheating problems with the Xbox, but I guess either the powerbar, or the wall unit couldn't handle the enormous amount of gaming.