1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website Link with Photo Slideshows usig Roxio Software?

Discussion in 'Web Development Help' started by Lesleykate, May 28, 2009.

1. Lesleykate

Lesleykate Techie7 New Member

I am starting a small business from home creating DVD Photo and Video Slideshows using both Roxio Easy Creator Media 7 for the Photo Slideshow and Pinnacles for the Videos. Once I have created the final packatge using the Roxio package it will only open if you have Roxio DVD Builder. I want to be able to create a website so that customers can view my Demo DVD to see what I can do. How do I do this and what Website Package would I use that would allow me to up load a demo :no:using Roxio DVD Builder? I don't really want to purchase another software package as I really like Roxio!

Can you please help as without being able to upload this demo I cannot get potential customers to view what I can do without burning it onto DVD a hundred times and handing them out!

I have just spoke with my husband and he said that he designed the Website using Dreamweaver but we cannot upload the demo video to it? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    Lesley

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  2. d-a-l

d-a-l Techie7 Administrator Staff Member Techie7 Chief

Hi Lesley, I'm not familiar with that exact package (Roxio Easy CD Creator Media 7) however, to get it on the web you need to export the show in some kind of video format. Can you do that? Is there any option to create a video file like a WMV,MPEG, AVI or QuickTime file?

1 person likes this.
  3. Lesleykate

When I use Pinnacles to create a movie I do save as MPEG-2. When I use Roxio to build a photoslide show, say of lots of different photos I use DVD Builder in Roxio so that I can add say 4 to 6 different folders of shows I then burn to to a DVD and when you watch on the TV you can select which folder of photos you want to open. This is what we are having trouble uploading to a Web Site. My husband used dreamweaver and he said it's asking for a flash file? What software package could you recommend to create a photoslide that includes transitions, music etc. that we can upload to the web site if Roxio will not work.

As always, thanks for your help.

1 person likes this.
  4. d-a-l

Ok so I think I am right in thinking you want to show the DVD menu followed by clicking into the photos and basically showing off what you have created.

What you really need to do then is record what is happening on the screen. To do this I would recommend Camtasia which will allow you to run your DVD on the PC and then record a movie of what you are seeing. So basically you can launch the DVD to the main menu and then start recording what you are seeing, you can click into the menu and run some photos and then save this screen recording as a Flash file. Flash is the web standard for animation and Video these days and comes in two main formats ready for the web, .SWF and .FLV.

Camtasia can take care of turning this into Flash for you and even creates an HTML page with the video embedded so you can share your work on your new Website.

If Camtasia is a little expensive I am pretty sure there are other cheaper screen recording packages out there but Camtasia is the only one I have experience with.

Hope that helps, let us know.

5. Lesleykate

Thanks for the help. I got a 30 day free trial of Camtasia. Followed the instruction but when I went to save the file as SWF and checked the preview it only showed a few seconds of the video it was the same when I saved the photoslide show I created which was 4 mins long but it only showed a few seconds. Can you help? Below is the instructions that I followed.

1. In the Task List, select Produce video as.
    2. The Production Wizard appears. Select Custom production settings from the dropdown and click Next.
    3. Select the MP4/FLV/SWF – Flash output option and click Next.
    4. Select a Flash Templates and Flash Template Theme. Click the Flash Options button to customize the Flash format, audio, table of contents, and controls. Click Next.
    5. Select the Video Options. Click Next.
    6. On the Produce Video screen, select the file save, post production, and upload options.
    7. Click Finish.

6. d-a-l

Can't see anything you have done particularly wrong, can you locate the actual SWF file where it is saved and run it? Is that only showing a few seconds as well?

7. Lesleykate

Yep loacated the SWF file and ran it and for the video it only shows a few second and for the photoslide show it only shows 4 photos whereas I had about 15 for my demo!

Any suggestions?

8. d-a-l

So when you play it back in Camtasia Studio it's all there right? There is a .camrec file which you can open. Unless the trial is restricting it somehow but I have no idea why it would. You could always email their tech support or I am happy to load the .camrec project here and try it for you if you like - admin at d-a-l.com

Other than that I am not sure without actually seeing it I'm afraid.

9. Lesleykate

Hi - I need help again. I have been burning DVD's all morning without any problems. This afternoon tried to burn a Roxio movie to DVD and it keeps stopping saying there is a error, tried in Nero and the same problem happened...stopped with error. When I go into My Computer the DVD drive shows but when I insert a blank DVD it comes up with CD Drive- if I click on it shows 'E\is not accessible' incorrection funtion.

How do I get this back to a DVD drive as I need to print off some videos and photo albums for a client for my new business I've started.

10. d-a-l