1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twin cable computer speakers.

Discussion in 'Handheld Computing Help' started by Gary, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Gary

Gary Dedicated Member

Hi all.

I have been given a pair of Time speakers. At the front there is the on/off button, Volume, treble, and bass sliders, and a headphone jack hole. At the back there is the DC in, Mic jack hole, and three single wires, one going to the other speaker, and two others with stereo jack plugs on.

Could someone please explain what I need to do with the two stereo jack plugs?

Thanks for listening.
    ATB Gary.

2. brain_damage

brain_damage D-A-L Team Member (UK)

the one lead could be for the mic input to connect to the mic input on your sound card and the other is the speaker output on your sound card

3. Gary

Gary Dedicated Member

Thanks for your reply brain_damage, and I am sorry for not getting back quicker.
    What you suggest makes total sense. The only problem I now have is that in the process of changing my speakers I was interrupted. When I returned I plugged the speakers in, forgetting that I hadn't changed the transformer. So I blew a chip in the speaker, (wrong polarity transformer). I have removed the chip with the hope that I can obtain a new one, replace it, and hopefully the speakers will then work.

Here's hopping
    ATB Gary.

4. Jessica2

Jessica2 Techie7 New Member

do u have a s-cable, vga or just dvi connection on the the tv. i know that a HDMI to HDMI can carry sounds. that's how PS3 and blue ray carry sounds. idk about DVI to HDMI. but if u have any other connection u can try that.