1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Ring of Death... oh dear.

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Downloaded, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Downloaded

Downloaded Techie7 New Member

Hey boys,

I'm pretty much an xbox 360 fanboy and though I would probably rather have a gaming pc, with the amount of money that costs these days a 360 is right up my alley and oh my god I love it! I didn't really play it excessively, maybe 3-4 hours on weekends and by far my most used game was guitar hero II then followed by Halo 3... and I was planning on getting CoD4. ANYWAY. A few weeks ago I got the red ring of death and in despair I couldn't think of what to do. I got the 360 last summer and to my knowledge nobody knows what causes it. I'm pretty sure I'm under the 3 year warranty microsoft has for the red ring of death issue (if I send it in I get a new one free... am I right?) but here's the real problem, I'm an expat kid living in Cairo, Egypt and sending a 360 through customs here is one of the stupidest things you could possibly do (especially because the warranty doesn't apply as soon as the console has been opened up.)

I don't have APO and from what I understand people with APO are no longer allowed to ship stuff like that anyway because the government is likely to blow it up thinking it is a bomb (almost happened to a friend of mine). So eh... any suggestions?

2. owen

owen D-A-L Team Member (UK)

Just wondering if you ever sorted anything out with your 360? Mine packed up a few days ago and its now in for repairs.

3. DaftKnight

DaftKnight Techie7 New Member

It could be faulty wiring in the Xbox 360 or in the power box (the box with the orange and green light). Or from it being over heated. What were the blinking lights? Sometimes they blink to announce a problem.

4. helenk579

helenk579 Techie7 New Member

Thank you so much for your post.