1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Operating systems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help' started by rannoch, Jul 4, 2007.

1. rannoch

rannoch Established Techie7 Member

I have Vista Ultimate on a laptop which I have persevered with due to the cost, but there are too many pieces of software which I have which don't work on Ultimate which are no problem on XP Pro. So, I'm going back to XP Pro for my main machine.

I'd like to have Vista Ultimate installed on a spare machine so that I can continue to use it without it being a barrier to normal requirements.

I have had Vista Business dual-booting alongside XP Pro on a laptop, and that worked fine.

My question is can I have XP Home, XP Pro, Vista Ultimate, and Vista Business all operating from the same machine.

If so what would be the sequence of installation.

Rannoch

2. kwah

kwah Techie7 New Member

You can have as many as you want on the same machine, but you need multiple partitions.

For this, you need 3rd Party software to rearrange the partitions on your HDD because Windows does not provide this functionality built-in.

The only good one that I know of is Norton Partition Magic -- easily found on google =]

Enjoy
    --Kwah