1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C:\Program Files\Online Services

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by Bukit, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Bukit

Bukit Techie7 New Member

This file, needed to show list of ISPs for new broadband connection, is missing. Where and how can I get a replacement for Windows XP system installed on a Dell Inspiron 510 laptop?

2. Dan Penny

Dan Penny Staff Techie7 Moderator

The attached is from retail XP Pro, SP2. Unzip all the files to C:\Program Files\Online Services.

Caveat: Not responsible for any of your files in the above directory (if it/they exist) being over-written.

Attached Files:

3. williamg

williamg Techie7 New Member

Good morning Dan,
    I am having the same difficulty with connecting. (Using friend's computer for this.) I was able to connect very reliably until suddenly, I was not able. The Online Services folder was missing and not in Recycle Bin. I used the folder you placed above and that does not work. Using WinXPSP3 in U.S. In my Network Connections, I see two items: Internet Connection, disabled and not able to connect and Local Area Connection 5, connected, Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter. My internet service connection runs through modem, of course, and an Asus RTN66W. Its wireless section works as that is what I am using right now. I have tried restarts, unplugs, plug connections, and patience. Help! Thank you. If possible, please reply to my email address also.

4. Ztruker

Ztruker Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

Do this please:

Click on Start then Run or press Window key (next to left Ctrl key)+R and paste the following into the Run box, exactly as shown, including double quotes:

cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping yahoo.com >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt & del postme.txt"

and press ENTER.

A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here. Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close. If you don't have a Run selection off the Start menu, see here: Enable Run Command on Windows 7 or Vista Start Menu, or How to access the 'Run' box in Windows® 8.1 - YouTube or just press Windows Key (next to the left Ctrl key) + R, or open the Modern desktop, type run then click on Run that appears.