1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii, for Better or for Worst?

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Kaistar, Jan 15, 2007.

?

Better or Worst?

1. Better than expected

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Just another console

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. Pretty Disappointing

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Kaistar

Kaistar Dedicated Member

when i first heard of Wii's motion sensing remote, i was seriously awed. cause hey that allows alot of revolutionary gameplay and all right?

but when it came out... heard certain complains about it. for one, while it was already well known the graphics won't be awesome or anything, it was still quite disappointing. graphic-wise.

and while the remote offers alot of new type of gameplay and such, it was not really incorporated properly and sometimes the particular swings you made can be mis-read as something else. making games like Zelda an annoyance when all you do in fights is swing non-stop, and sometimes end up doing actions you don't want to.

the speaker at the motion remote was also cool, but due to the weak link with the console, sound sometimes are pretty choppy. kinda wrecking the mood at times.

now, i don't own one. i'm just pretty much repeating what i've heard about, the complains part of course. and before i invest my hardsaved cash into it... i'd kinda like opinions about it.

2. Kazna3

Kazna3 Techie7 New Member

My nephew pretty much hates it and bought it as soon as it was released. Its just marketing hype for money and trash boasting but there wasn't much to it. Wait another year and you'll have something that will actually be on par with quality along with style and a class experience. The first innovative "releases" are usually just trend setters with the better and definitely best products to come a few months to a year down the line, where they make full use of such technologies for an optimum product, rather than a product with nothing but one new technology that seems flash but perfoms quite weakly. The sensors register so bad at times, its unworthy to be called a games console. Its merely a guinea pig for whats to come.

All hail plasma computers. :clap:

3. lukysaint

lukysaint Techie7 New Member

I bought the wii and am going to be honest with you guys i kinda regret it because in reality most of the wii games suck or are meant to be enjoyed with other people with the exception of Zelda and metroid but besides those two games theres really not much for one person to do and wii doesn't have something like x box live With the exception of some games it will just end up collecting dust and wasting energy.
    :dots:

4. penguinpaul

penguinpaul Dedicated Member

Apparently, the controllers' insides are made by gyration, the people who make gyro mice that work in the air.. they are awesome :D we have one in school, and its more fun than using the smart board to poke things :D

5. k_9

k_9 Dedicated Member

I can honestly say that smart boards suck! They're supposed to be smart... all they do is allow us to write on an imagionary surface... oh wait, no it's not, it's still a board controlled by a computer! :devil:

Anyway, back to the wii, they're just another game console... next year they will have new competiton :devil:

6. Kaistar

Kaistar Dedicated Member

A new competition...? @.@

7. k_9

k_9 Dedicated Member

Yeah, new cometition 0_o

Take the GBA (Game Boy Advance) for example, it has now been put out of business by more modern games as the Nintendo DS and now the wii :eek:

8. bkdc

bkdc Techie7 New Member

I bought a Wii about 2 mounths ago and really enjoy it. However I am by no means a gamer.

I just enjoy the sports games like Tiger Woods PGA Tour, Winter Olympics, Wii Sports, Madden NFL, etc. With exception of boxing, the graphics & motion work fairly well.

The action/war fantasy games don't interest me so I have no comment there.

9. k_9

k_9 Dedicated Member

I just thougth the wii was for childish games like Mario bro. and Sonic the hedgehog. That seems to be the sort of games that they like to advertise lately, so that the little kids bug their parents for the games... and they eventually end up buying the wii.

I also just think that the excuse of "it gets you healthier" is just that, and excuse! :devil:

10. bkdc

bkdc Techie7 New Member

Some of the games like tennis, & boxing will actually work you into a sweat... :taz:

11. k_9

k_9 Dedicated Member

Yeah, but so does actually "doing" exercise work better. i see what you mean though. Swinging your arm must be very tiring :D

Don't the controllers break anyway when the wrist strap breaks. Apparantly there was a serious problem with that when they were first introduced. So many people with broken TVs and windows. I'd advise avoiding them anyway. Too much gaming is bad for you, take that from a kid :stuart:

12. Kaistar

Kaistar Dedicated Member

LOL! I should listen to your advice as well. I heard about the broken TVs and all as well back when it first launched. I had an enjoyable time laughing actually. I remember this dude bought a really big tv for himself for christmas and a Wii for his children, only to have it smashed the next day rofl.

I wonder what's next though... First touch, then motion... what next?

13. k_9

k_9 Dedicated Member

Ooh! Thanks for briging up this subject :smartass:

I heard that there will be a new way of gaming by about 2012 (Always 2012, such an important number :() Anyway, it is called the Neural Impulse Activator ad it lets you play the game via brain waveeeees and thinking! oooh! Spoooooky :alien:

Surely this new concept is damaging to your brain too, yet this one goes directly to the source of power... the brain. :eek:

OCZ preps neural headband controller for release - The Tech Report

Please tell me if you thing the guy is drunk LOL :D

14. bkdc

bkdc Techie7 New Member

Well that ends my gaming career :yes:

15. Kaistar

Kaistar Dedicated Member

Oh, My, Gosh. I think of so many things while I'm gaming! What's it gonna pick up???!! What if my girlfriend calls me and...

16. k_9

k_9 Dedicated Member

HA HA LOL! That has GOT to be a CLASSIC!

So many possibilities! :devil2:

17. AphJN

AphJN Dedicated Member

As to the oringinal Question posted, I own one. We bought it, my wife and I, to help with our fitiness problems. She has a replaced knee joint, and I have 8 herniated or damaged spinal disks. So, we dont go out to gyms much and walking the dog isnt quite the walking exercise we need. We bought the Wii fit balance board, and yes, my daughter has already sent an 'A' controller flying across the room.

The point for us is that the aerobics program and the other "Family" oriented programs are what we wanted. I have a 4 year old and a 9 year old. I dont want them playing the crap that PS3 and XbOx have to offer. One of our family rules with the game is that you must use your arms as if you are actually swinging the racket or club. In just 2 months, my wife has lost 25lbs doing the aerobics, i, unfortunatly have only lost 10lbs. But my Dr.s have reported that my physical health is getting better.

I have been absent from these boards for almost 2 years due to my body trying to kill me in 05 and down right almost succeeded! So, its not meant for a direct PS3/Xbox comp, but for those more interested in family or party style play.

Andy

1 person likes this.
  18. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Hey! Good to see you! :21:

Thanks for checking in.

Welcome back!

19. Kaistar

Kaistar Dedicated Member

Hmm good read good read.

I've read that there were some controversies on the effectiveness of Wii Fit and such but imo it's always good to hear some true stories.

And welcome back dude! I think you probably left when I joined lol!

20. AphJN

AphJN Dedicated Member

Thanks Jephree, I see that I have been demoted. Guess that happens when you cant get on to even post for almost 2 years. It always good to get back here.

I do remember some of you posts Kaistar from just before I left on my great journey through the valley.

Always good to see people make the attempt and succeed at making DAL a better forum.