1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 a flop?

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by DJDK, Dec 31, 2006.

1. DJDK

DJDK Techie7 New Member

The answer to this question is... could well be. i am reading countless articles saying that the authors are walking into games stores in the U.S. and being able to get their hands on a PS3 quite easy, while another article is saying the same about the Playstation in Japan.

In America there are even reports that the eBay sellers are returning their consoles to the shops they got them from, but that could be to do with the fact the starting prices being around a $1000, but then again most sellers will be happy to get more than they paid for..... so the starting price would be the reciept price....

i found some Japanese sales figures
    the japanese figures make a sobering read.

So watch this space.

2. D-A-L

D-A-L Techie7 Administrator Staff Member Techie7 Chief

Very interesting. I purchased an Xbox 360 and I was thinking the whole time in the back of my mind...is this a waste of money because I'm going to want a PS3 in March. Then I actually played the 360 in its full HD glory and thought theres no way Sony are going to top this early on anyway! I can't see there being any games out in 2007 on the PS3 which show the 360 up.

3. TPKing

TPKing Techie7 New Member

The awnser is no :21: