1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Expert Help Needed!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by erichan, Apr 2, 2005.

1. erichan

erichan Techie7 New Member

Hi,
    I do not know what the fish happen to my PC.When i clicked on my drive:D,a message appears which states:"D:\ is not accessible.Incorrect function."I did not remove anything other than those unwanted applications.I thought I could restore my drive D when I run system restore.To my horror,system restore returns a message stating that "Changes made to drive(s)D: after this point cannot be reversed because the drive was either excluded from system Restore monitoring,or was turned off or removed".I really do not want to lose all my important data in that drive D.Pls can anyone provide your expert advice.DESPERATELY seeking help.Thank you very much!!!!

2. Bad Karma[CORE]

Bad Karma[CORE] Techie7 New Member

Just a quick questions:
    Drive D is a partition on the harddisk i suppose ?

3. erichan

Yes,Drive:D is one of the partition in my hard disk.All along i have about 76 GB of disk space but yesterday when i right click on "Properties",it indicates 0 bytes.Pls help!

4. Bad Karma[CORE]

5. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005
  6. erichan

Drive not accessible???

Hi,
    Could someone pls help me!I tired to access my Drive:D but it opens a dialog box stating that "D:\ is not accessible.Incorrect function".My PC contains two separate hard disks and the affected Drive:D is in one single hard disk alone.It is not a CD-ROM or CD-REWR drive,but a single partition in the hard disk for storing data.I am currently running in windowsXP Pro Operating System with hard disk in FAT32 format.When i right click on my Drive:D to go to 'Properties',it indicated 0 bytes and 'Raw' for file system.But when I go to my Control Panel->AdminTools->Comp.Mgt->Disk Mgt.,it shows 76GB of free space in healthy status.I have run Trend micro PC-cillin internet security and webroot spyware sweeper to see if any viruses and spyware but resulted in none.I really hope anyone out there can help me to resolve this problem coz i do not wish to lose my important data.Thank you very much!!!

7. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

In your first post you said: "I did not remove anything other than those unwanted applications"

Can you expand on this?

In your last post you said: "I am currently running in windows XP Pro Operating System with hard disk in FAT32 format. When i right click on my Drive to go to 'Properties', it indicated 0 bytes and 'Raw' for file system."

RAW being a UNIX file system.

Is this ringing any bells for you?

Bad Karma[CORE] may be here shortly to make more sence of this.

8. erichan

I just deleted the trial version of Tune-up Utilities2004 and nothing else.I can't figure out what 'RAW' means???Maybe it meant empty.What is a Unix file system?

9. Bad Karma[CORE]

Unix uses RAW as filesystem, like Windows uses FAT/FAT32/NTFS. Its basically a way of organizing i/o of data on the harddisk.

Now as the partition shows up as RAw there might as well be something wrong with the Partition Table of your harddisk. What i suggest would be using some conversion software like Partition Magic from Powerquest (30day trial on their webpage) and see if u can convert the partition from RAW to FAT32 to make it accessible.

Download linkt o Partition Magic: http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/rydium.bc/;sz=468x60;ord=3140811941120773.5?